DELIVERING YOUR EXAM
Once you've got your items ready, you'll cruise over to the "Forms" menu to get your exam ready for delivery to your students. Use this guide to launch your exams directly out of Scorpion.
Use the drop down menu to click on the Forms page. If you have not made a form, a form editing page will be presented named All Items. Edit the Form as desired then click Save.
- "Content" tab—To add Items to your form, click on the "Content" tab.
- In order to add items your form, click the “Add Section” button.
- You will need to name the section of your exam. You can have multiple
sections if you want. Sections will always deliver their items together.
- You will be presented with the following options:
- Naming the sections
- Customized instructions will be seen by the candidate before their timer
starts or they see any items. These instructions can be general or specific
- Item order for the section
- Number of items presented per page
- Section time limit
- To add items to your exam, you'll use the "+" symbol from your
"Available" items box. The items on your exam will appear in the "Item
Pool" box. They can be removed from your pool by clicking the trash
- You can make more than one form for your exam if you would like to. If
you do, you will later need to decide which form you students will see.
- In order for your form to be ready to be delivered to your students, you
will need to change the status "Active" by clicking here:
- "Settings" section—Here you will set you will have the options to set the following options:
- Change the configuration and edit the configuration. Configurations can be used on multiple Forms. The configuration controls the Exam Rules, Global Exam Timer, Exam Instructions, Security Options, Scoring, Content Areas and Cutscores. (for more on configurations please see Scorpion Form Configurations Explained)
- The time limit of your exam will be entered in seconds. Multiply the
number of minutes you want your exam to be by 60 to arrive at the
correct exam time.
- Security Options—You may choose the level of security for the delivery of
your exam with these checkboxes. Customized instructions will be seen by
the candidate before their timer starts or before they see any items. These
instructions can be general or specific, your choice!
- Scoring section—Here you will set your scoring settings and choose how you
would like the results to be displayed to your students. If you do not wish for
them to see any results, you will need to uncheck all the boxes in this tab.
Organizing Examinee Information
When your students log in to their exams, they will need to enter their information
so you can identify who they are. The fields they will be asked to enter can be added
in the "Deliveries" tab in the "Examinee Information" menu (NOTE: If you do not
have these fields set up, exams will launch and you will not know who took them).
Connecting to your Learning Management System (LMS)
If you are connecting to an LMS like Canvas, you will need to add a "given name,"
"family name," "full name," and email address in the "Examinee Info" fields. Then
you can map them to your LMS during integration. The integration info is found
in the "Delivery Settings" settings under the LMS bar:
Enable a URL where users can launch their own exams
Generating a "launchpad" will create a link that users can click to launch the
exam. You do this under the "Delivery Settings" tab setting here:
You may call your launchpad anything you would like. If you would like to have
your students enter a passcode to get into the exam, you will put that in the
"Passcode" field. If you would like a Proctor to enter a code that only they know,
enter that into the "Proctor Code" field (Note: The passcode will be the same for
all students and the proctor code will be the same for all proctors). If you have
more than one exam form, choose the form of the exam that you would like the
launchpad to deliver. You can also choose to deliver a random form. Each of
these options can be found in the dropdown menu. NOTE: you must click the
"Active" checkbox and "Save" button for your launchpad to be live. You can
later come back and turn off your launchpad by unclicking the "Active" checkbox.
You may create "Bulk Proctor" links if you’d like to proctor multiple students at
the same time. This link will allow you to see all the proctor logs for all deliveries
at the same time.
GETTING EXAM RESULTS
To see individual exam results, go to the "Deliveries" menu and simply click on
the name of the exam delivery you would like to view. You will see a color-coded
box by each delivery.
- Green = Completed delivery
- Orange = In Progress delivery
- Blue = Fresh (never entered) delivery
To export bulk results from your exam, go to the "Export" menu in the dropdown.
Here you will be able to choose from several reporting options for export. The
reports in the red box below are the reports for exam deliveries that you can pull: