Publishing and republishing exams in Scorpion was designed to be rapid and simple to do. This publications instructions assume that items have already been entered, and at least one form has been assembled in Scorpion. Activities related to publication occur on 2 pages in the Scorpion Console; Forms, Settings, Launch Options.
The Forms page is where active forms are managed. There are three tabs in the forms page; Exam Rules, Scoring and Content. This section assumes that items have been appropriately assembled/grouped using the forms-build capability in Scorpion.
- Click the drop down arrow (top left-hand corner of the screen) and select Forms. (If you have only the default form, you will go directly to that form's editing page.)
- Identify the form(s) you wish to activate/deactivate and click the first form to open the forms console (Skip if there is only one form, you will be directed to the form's editing page)
- Click “edit” to the right of the form you wish to edit (Skip if there is only one form, you will be directed to the form's editing page)
- Under Configurations, you can adjust settings like the time limit, languages, security options, and exam instructions. There are three default configurations:
- high-security, non-proctored, no time limit, review enabled (Parent Configuration)
- high-security, proctored, 1 hour time limit, review disabled
- low-security, non-proctored, no time limit, review enabled
- You can used the drop next to Configuration to choose a configuration
- If you want to change the settings or want a detailed explanation of configurations, please see: Scorpion Form Configurations Explained.
- A form has one section as a default. Sections control what items are in the exam, number of items presented per page. All items are added by default.
Under the deliveries on the Settings page, you can find find Exam Colors (this will not be covered), and Examinee Information.
- Click the drop down arrow (top left-hand corner of the screen) and select Settings.
Here you can add fields that the examinee is required to fill out before taking the test. This helps you identify the examinee and their results. You can add things like name or student number.
- Click "Add Examinee Info Field" to add a field.
- Select the Type of field
- Name the field in the Key field
- You can mark weather this field is required or not, to only show up in previews below the naming field. To the right of the naming field you can use the arrow icons to change the order of the fields when presented to the examinee or use the trash icon to delete the field.
Under launchpad on the launch options page, you can create a link to publish the exam that can be given to examinees.
- Click the drop down arrow (top left-hand corner of the screen) and select Launch Options.
- Click on Add a Launchpad
- Give the launchpad a Name then scroll down and click Save.
- Click on the Launchpad to get the link to share with examinees.
Fore more on launchpads, please see How to use the launchpad