Publishing and republishing exams in Scorpion was designed to be rapid and simple to do. This publications instructions assume that items have already been entered, and at least one form has been assembled in Scorpion. Activities related to publication occur on 3 pages in the Scorpion Console; Forms, Exam Flow, Settings.
The Forms page is where active forms are managed. There are three tabs in the forms page; Exam Rules, Scoring and Content. This section assumes that items have been appropriately assembled/grouped using the forms-build capability in Scorpion.
- Click the drop down arrow (top left-hand corner of the screen) and select Forms.
- Identify the form(s) you wish to activate/deactivate and click the first form to open the forms console
- Click “edit” to the right of the form you wish to edit
- Basic editing and activation
- Change to forms from "default" or "available." Forms that are default are available for launchpads. Forms that are available are not available for launchpads.
- Under exam rules, you can adjust the following:
- Proctor Code
- Time Limit (this needs to be done in seconds)
- Exam mode (linear or adaptive)
Scorpion offers 2 exam modes – Linear, and Computer Adaptive. 99% of Scorpion users will utilize Linear exam mode
End test early when a passing or failing score is determined – This checkbox enables an exam administrator to reduce content exposure by stopping an exam when a candidate has definitively passed (attained a passing score) or failed (is not able to attain a passing score).
Allow users to go back and change answers – This checkbox is commonly referred to as “flag and review.” Checking this box allows candidates to revisit and change responses after they have submitted answers. Leaving this box unchecked will require candidates to proceed through the exam and not revisit questions once they have submitted.
- Examinee resources and other rules
- Security options
- After making the changes click “Save Changes” in the upper left hand corner-hand corner
- Scoring options See "How to Configure a Score Report in Scorpion (2020 Release)" for more information
- Sections (question order)
Sections are parts of the exam which individual items can be assigned to and presented in a specific or random order.
- To create a section click the edit button on a form, select the content tab. click the Add Section button.
- You will then be able to name, list how many items (questions) are pulled, the item order, items presented per page or what items specifically you want added to the section.
- To edit a section click on the purple bar representing the section. To save question click the save button on the top left hand corner of the screen.
- Order of sections
- After clicking the edit button on a form, select the content tab. Here you can click on the drop down arrow to the right of "Order of sections" to pick either "In Order" or "Random."
Under the Exam Flow page you can find the Exam Flow and Surveys tabs.
- Click on the drop down arrow and click Exam Flow.
The Flow tab is where you apply surveys and agreements, to the exam queue.
- The "Exam Flow" tab will be the default tab after click on the Exam Flow page.
- Add previously created surveys by clicking “ADD SURVEY”
- Add Agreements by clicking “ADD AGREEMENT”
- Agreements can be manually entered into the agreement page, or can be written and formatted externally, then copied/pasted in. Copying/pasting a formatted agreement will retain the original formatting when presented to the candidate, but once saved, it will appear in the console as a large, single paragraph.
- Name your Agreement
- Modify the exam Flow using the up/down arrows
- Click Save
The Surveys tab is where survey items are consolidated for presentation to candidates, either prior to or after the completion of, the scored and timed portion of an exam. This section assumes that survey items have been entered into Scorpion.
- Then click the Surveys tab.
- Click “Add Survey” or select the survey you wish to edit
- Add or delete survey items using the + or Trash can buttons
- Name your survey
- Unique Names will help identifying the correct survey on the Exam Flow tab, but survey names will not be displayed to candidates
- Give the Examinee instructions
- Set a time limit in seconds (optional)
- Click “Save”
- Add/Edit surveys as necessary for your purposes.
The settings page has 4 sections; Project, Custom Fields, Deliveries, and Team. This article will be focusing on the Deliveries tab.
Under the deliveries on the Settings page, you can find find Examinee Information, Launchpads, and Bulk Proctor.
Here you can add fields that the examinee is required to fill out before taking the test. This helps you identify the examinee and their results. You can add things like name or student number.
- Click "Add Examinee Info Field" to add a field.
- Name the field
- You can mark weather this field is required or not, to only show up in previews below the naming field. To the right of the naming field you can use the arrow icons to change the order of the fields when presented to the examinee or use the trash icon to delete the field.
Article is closed for comments.