If you are using Windows, look at the article: How to use KeePass (Windows)
If you need help installing MACPASS (KeePass for macOS), please see the article How to install MACPASS (KeePass) on macOS
How to Setup MACPASS Database
1. Open Mac pass.
2. Click on the Create new Database button.
3. Type MacPass for Caveon in this box:
4.Click the Lock button on the top right hand corner of the screen.
5. Click the box right of Password. Then type in your password twice or have Mac Pass generate a password for you.
Note: This password needs to be remembered or you cannot access your other passwords managed by Mac Pass. The password for Mac Pass cannot be recovered.
Tips for a good password:
- Do not use words or names
- Use capital and lower case letters
- Use numbers
- Use special characters like !@#$%&*
- At least 10 characters in length
6. Click the Change Password button.
7. Type Mac Pass for Caveon and then click the save button.
8.Enter the password you made and click the Unlock button.
How to organize Passwords
9. Click on the arrow next to Mac Pass for Caveon.
10. Click on the folder you would like to store the password.
11.Click on the New Entry button.
12. Type the title of the password (Like Gmail).
13. Type the Username.
14. (Optional) type a URL where the password is used.
15. To see the password generated by mac pass click on the Eye button. Setup your account to use this password. When logging in to that account, refer to Mac Pass.
Article is closed for comments.